2. You'll be taken to "My Dashboard". Click on the blue bell symbol labelled "My alerts".
3. Click on the "Start new search" button.
4. Select the minimum number of bedrooms and your desired rent price range. Then enter the suburb you wish to receive notifications (E.g. "Benalla, VIC 3672" or "Sorrento, WA 6020").
5. If you do not want to view properties being listed in surrounding suburbs, un-tick the "Include properties in surrounding suburbs".
6. Click the "Search" button.
7. To refine your search results, go to the "Refine search" box to the left and select the property features you want to see in the search results. Then click Update.
8. Click the button with the blue bell labelled "Create email alert" to create your rental alert.
9. To create a new alert, go back to http://www.rent.com.au/ and repeat steps 4-9.
Once you've followed these steps, you'll receive emails letting you know when there's a new rental property available in the area/s you specified.